- Dadha Group
- About Us
- Sale Categories
- Auction Guide
- News & Blog
- Contact Us
Antiquarian Books, Maps, Prints & Photographs II Antiquarian Books, Maps, Prints & Photographs II The Photographic Collector (1984)
Catalogue & Viewing
Accounts & Shipping
1. The Photographic Collector A 1984 issue of the periodical carrying 3 essays on India: i] Ethnographical photography in India 1850-1900 by John Falcone [pp. 16-46 with 34 illustrations] + 1 illustration on cover ii] Linnaeus Tripe: Critical assessments and other notes by Janet Dewan [pp. 47-65 with 18 illustrations] iii] Afghan War 1878-79, catalogue of photographs by J. Burke [pp. 106-107 with 1 illustration]
2. Picture Parade – Asia-Pacific Photography 1840s- 1940s by Gael Newton, published by National Gallery of Australia, Canberra, in 2008 to mark an exhibition on the theme, pp. 88 with more than 80 photographs, quite a few on India, softcover.
3. Through Indian Eyes – 19th and Early 20th Century Photography from India By Judith Mara Gutman New York: Oxford University Press, 1982, pp. 198, softcover.
4. The British Empire From Photographs – India By John Fabb London: B. T. Batsford, 1986, no pagination [114 photographs reproduced], fine hardback with fine dustjacket.
5. A Shifting Focus – Photography in India 1850-1900; with essays by John Falconer and Satish Sharma -Rare catalogue of a travelling exhibition organised in 1995 by the British Library in India, pp. 84 including 47 full-page photographs and others in the text. Fold-out cover is a 86 x 25 cm panorama of Bombay in 1860s.
6. Simla – A Hill Station in British India; by Pat Barr & Ray Desmond London: Scolar Press 1978, pp. 108, Full-page reproductions of Victorian photographs, fine hardback with dustjacket.
7. The Last Empire – Photography in British India, 1855-1911; by Clark Worswick and Ainslee Embree London: Gordon Fraser 1976, pp. 149 fine hardback with dustjacket.
8. Burmah – A Photographic Journey 1855-1925; by Noel F. Singer Kiscadale: Paul Strachan 1993, pp. 104, printed in Italy, full-page sepia reproductions of photographs, many by Felice Beato, fine hardback with fine dustjacket.
9. Princely India – Photographs by Raja Deen Dayal 1884-1910; by Clark Worswick LONDON: Hamish Hamilton 1980, pp. 151, fine hardback with dustjacket.