- Dadha Group
- About Us
- Sale Categories
- Auction Guide
- News & Blog
- Contact Us
Antiquarian Books, Maps, Prints & Photography Antiquarian Books, Maps, Prints & Photography Samuel Bourne - Sieben Jahre Indien
Catalogue & Viewing
Accounts & Shipping
1. Samuel Bourne – Sieben Jahre Indien – Photographien und Reiseberichte 1863-1870; [Seven years in India – Photographs and records of a journey] Munich: Schirmer/ Mosel 2001, 272 pp, Cover: Paper covered boards with dustjacket, Scarce and lavish book issued to coincide with an exhibition, with scholarly essays and complete text of Bourne’s Himalayan Journals of the 1860s [in German translation] and full-page sepia reproductions of a large body of Bourne’s work, text in German.
2. Samuel Bourne – Images of India; By Arthur Ollman Carmel, California: Friends of Photography 1983, pp. 22 + 25 full-page sepia plates, softcover.
3. Archaeology and Photography – The Early Years 1868-1880; By Ismeth Raheem, Published by the National Trust Sri Lanka in 2009, the book entirely relates to Ceylon, with focus on the work of Joseph Lawton, including his biography and his company’s catalogue, pp. 179, including 60 full-page photographs reproduced in sepia, some small ones and a facsimile reproduction of Lawton’s catalogue. Hardback with dustjacket.
4. L’istante Ritrovato – Luigi Primoli fotografo in India, 1905-1906; text in Italian, pp. 431, which includes 205 full-page sepia photographs, essays by 10 scholars, details of Primoli’s journey, his diary in India, letters and other documents. A hardback book, bound in cloth and with dustjacket, released in 2004 by Museo Nazionale d’Arte Orientale, Rome; Luigi Primoli visited India a hundred years ago and photographed the common people, the bazaars, the poor and the villagers, steering clear of the British and tourist India.
5. 19TH Century Photographs of Ceylon – The Palinda Stephen de Silva Collection; Privately published by Palinda de Silva in Austin, Texas, in 2006. Limited edition of 1000 copies of which this is no. 388; 110 photographs in sepia, printed on art paper on one side of each page, a lavish book/ no text except captions, hardback with dustjacket.
6. Federico Peliti – An Italian Photographer in India at the time of Queen Victoria; Manchester: Corner House 1994, pp. 293. Fine hardback with fine dustjacket.